The last time
It took me a little while to realize it was goodbye.
She never said it. I never said it. We didn’t have to. I could read it between the lines.
Hers.
I guess deep down I knew. It would have been strange if it hadn’t happened this way. Too easy. Too smooth. Something won without ever having to be fought for.
I can not expect someone to simply wait for me to decide. To wait for me to come back. To wait for me to be ready. Expecting someone to put their life on hold for you wouldn’t be right. It wouldn’t be fair.
But it would have been nice.
I guess unnamed, exclusive relationships are my thing. Things that mean everything without ever being called anything. Things that end without ever officially beginning.
They say you can’t break a broken heart. But somehow, there’s always a little bit more left to break.
Comentários
Enviar um comentário