it feels right.

I know it’s just me but today really feels like sunday. It’s a rainy wednesday morning and I woke up early in my late childhood bed. I haven’t been here in a while – at least that what it feels like. Time passes really strangely in the big city. I almost forget I slept on the floor for the first two weeks of the month. It felt like the high of my adventure back then, but now it seems like a past existence all things considered. And I love it. I guess life happens if you are willing to go outside and be open to it. 
    I know I’m in town as soon as the weather and the colours of the sky change. The air gets colder and the sun hides for some reason. I used to hate it, but now I like it for I know I’m here, I know I’ve arrived. And I know I’ll always have the sunny-sinny city to return to. 
    But it’s hard for me to make up my mind and get things straight now. Am I leaving? Am I coming back? I carry my life in a backpack, my books in a kindle and my people in my heart. And I try to adjust, make home wherever I can. And sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn’t, and I have to keep myself in check. Make sure my mind is clear and my fitness on point.
    I’ve been relying on friendships lately. On people. On conversations with strangers. I’m not a groupie guy, I spent my birthday afternoon with some friends and took the evening for myself. I lighted a match in a pumpkin-walnut bread and I sang the birthday song to myself. I sent a silence prayer to the sky and it felt special, like if it was supposed to be. 25 feels right.
    And I find some dates to be too significant to spoil with alcohol and empty foods. I’m even trying to quit daily coffee. I spent too many months running on caffeine, sparkling water and diet sodas. I’m cleansing myself. But I must confess I’m sipping on a cup of coffee just now. My mom knew I was coming só she bought me this rare caramel flavoured one. One may say I’m drinking it as proof of unconditional love.

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Saudades Precoces

Os 60 do meu pai

Nas traseiras e na cozinha